Friday, January 29, 2010

under watchful eyes


Kak Long has been spending a considerable amount of time with her best friend recently. Not that I don't mind. She's just being a tween kid. That's what they do in their free time. Hanging around.

She has been asking permission to do homework at her friend's house several times after school which is pretty ok by me. As much as I want to trust her, can't help feeling a bit monitorial sometimes. I guess I'm just being a protective mom. That dreadful time has come for me to be on the look-out for my eldest daughter. With all the horror stories you hear about teenagers in the news of late, I was of course worried for her safety. Even if her friend lives about 6 doors away from ours! Yes, I am that paranoid.

This morning, Kak Long reminded me again (in case I forget) that she's going to her friend's house at ETD 4pm and that she'll be doing science project about extinct animals or something and maths revision. She's also joining some friends later in the evening to look for certain insects and plants in the bushes near the playground. Yeah, she is one busy entomologist and botanist all roll into one. She was very precise in details about the stuff she's doing. I envision a career as a planner or personal assistant if she can't decide what she wants to be when she grows up. She is so good at reminding people as well. Ha ha!

And she is also reminded to be home before maghrib prayer starts calling. Pronto!