Wednesday, January 27, 2010

forgetting miss daisy


Absent-mindedness has got the better of me lately. Ok, that's not entirely true. The truth is, I am a forgetful middle-aged woman verging on senility. Huh!

I was doing laundry last night. Why would I do laundry at 10pm when I can do it in the morning shift since I'm a full time homemaker remains a big question mark. Maybe because I was too busy ber-facebooking during daytime? Ha ha!

Anyways, after I had done putting dirty clothes in the washer, I proceeded to the kitchen to clean up the mess and took out garbage. After that, I watered the plants, arranged the slippers and shoes on the shoe rack, swept the porch and switched off the light outside before went back in. Folded some clothes while watching TV. Heard the washer gave a beeping sound signalling the process is over. By the time it ended, I had become exhausted and thought of hanging the clothes in the early morning so I took out the clothes and put them in the basket and went upstairs to my bedroom.

The next morning, as I was preparing breakfast for the kids, I took out the laundry and as I opened the door, found the grille door was wide open. I asked Kak Ngah who was lounging in the living room if she had opened the door this morning. She shook her head and said no. Kak Long wasn't feeling well last night so she's on medical leave today and still sleeping in her room. Could the husband had forgotten to lock the door when he left the house? Highly impossible coz he's also on medical leave today and still tucked in bed.

Ting tong! That's when I realised I had actually forgot to lock the damn doors last night! Ya Rabbi! I had inadvertently welcoming all penyangaks and perampoks to enter my house and steal all they want!

It was a blessing in disguise that the husband was not the first person to find out or else I'd be like listening to about 10 pages of long lectures from him. Phew!

I guess, I should start taking that kismis and fish oil for memory function. You know, those supplements that our mothers used to force us to eat especially when we had big exams. Don't want something like that to happen again. No sirree!

*Note to self:- set a daily reminder on the cellphone that says, "Lock your doors and take your medications before going to bed tonight"*