Thursday, February 15, 2007

TLC


Am doing a different kind of blog post today from the usual light and easy mode. I've never done an inspirational blog post so I thought I would paste something useful here for your own benefits and mine too. As a wife and mother, it is my primary job function to care for my family's wellbeing. Theirs came first and foremost before mine. I'd like to think that all mothers on planet earth act similarly the way I did.

I was browsing some old issues of O'magazine (that's oprah winfrey's mag for the uninitiated...tee hee hee) and came across an article titled taking care of yourself. Reading that article, I remembered again what this day is all about for me. According to the article, taking care of yourself involves 5 things;


  1. Showering yourself, whether it be with gifts or treats

  2. Saying goodbye to your past self by celebrating the new you and consistently practising your new spiritual discipline

  3. Naming yourself by looking up the meaning and history of your name and embracing who you are

  4. Honouring yourself by focusing on your positive skills and achievements

  5. Sharing yourself by finding ways to make new friends and acquaintances

I believe in order to take care of the people that you loved so much, you must love and care for yourself first. We could all use taking care of ourselves a little more, spiritually and physically. So why not start today?