Saturday, February 10, 2007

Poor little rich girl




I was busy tending my troops when my cellphone beeped - the sound of sms coming in. I hurriedly dashed to fetch it knowing it could be something important when this message appeared on the lcd screen;

Anna Nicole Smith dah mati!

The message was short and precise. It was sent by dear hubby around 10.30am while he was out for a meeting yesterday (sempat gak hantar sms tuh...isk isk). My mind turned blurry. Anna who? Was she an actress? I replied his sms asking if she was the blondie in The Simple Life series and he replied - not that one, ... alah the girl with big boobs in Naked Gun 2, the movie. I had mistaken Paris Hilton to be Anna Nicole Smith. Ohh yeah, I remember her now.

The playmate centrefold who married an octogenarian billionaire oil tycoon (one lucky sod!) who subsequently inherited his millions of dollar in a very messy court battle with his stepson some years ago. Anna's life has always been a roller coaster ride ever since she married the rich old man. She was accused of being a gold digger (aren't they all?) for marrying his wealth. The cause of her death is not known but rumours are rife that she had sunk into depression soon after the death of her 20 year old son.

I just would like to remember Anna as the poster girl in Guess ads with humongous breasts.