Sunday, February 08, 2009

Feeling the pinch


Paper lama...

Paper lama...

Paper lama...


Those are words blasting from the sound speaker of a truck slowly passing by rows of houses every two or three times a week. They were music to my ears whenever my huge pile-up old newspapers stacked neatly at the corner of my front porch becomes an eyesore. I knew that my dumpster would be emptied soon.


On a very good day, I used to get around RM4 to RM5 by selling old newspapers per week. Usually, any profits I get will be given to my daughters for their pocket money or dumped in their tabung. For the past three months, business has been very slow. I seldom hear those words anymore. And if I do, they don't pay like they used to. You can consider yourself lucky if they pay you RM1 or else you'd have to surrender them to the garbage truck at no charge.


I guess I'll have to rely on online news when nobody wants my old newspapers or maybe I could do something useful with them as in this picture below for instance eh?

Time to be crafty (in my case, kerastangan) again...*wink wink*