Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You're just too BIG for us sweetie


that's not his bed...

Little B has been sharing our bed for the last 18 months and finally last night, he slept soundly in his bed without much hassle. He's two months away from his third birthday this September. We decided to move him to his own bed as he's getting too big for us. Besides, he sleeps very lasak too.

As a first step to get him to like his bed, we spring-cleaned the bedroom he shares with Kak Ngah and get rid of all unneccessary clutter. We got him a nice Barney theme bedsheet and pillow case, a throw pillow, a bolster, bed rail installed and of course Barney (his favorite bantal peluk toy) nicely arranged on his bed. Before the transition, Kak Ngah was sharing the room with Kak Long. We think that Kak Long should get her own room as she's on the verge of embracing pre-teenhood and needs privacy of her own. Turns out she liked the idea so much so that she's over the moon. She had requested for a PC (as if she knows how to operate it), a small tv, air conditioning unit, a dressing table complete with stool and a shelf to put her Barbie dolls. And some girlie stuffs. Oh dear.

For the past three consecutive nights, I've been having sleepless night. I'd wake up in the wee hours to his shrieking scream. I had expected this to happen. I'd rush to his room and quickly pat on his back softly and lull him intermittently. In between, I snooze myself. It was very exhausting, believe me. I looked and walked like a zombie with dishevelled hair and dark circle eyes after three nights of sleep deprivation. The last time I looked like this shit was when I was in confinement.

All those hard work of trying to wean him off from our bed had finally paid off last night. Pheww!

Next big assignment - potty train! *breathe in breathe out*