Friday, September 14, 2007

A little girl lost

Latest update (21st Sept):-


Malaysians yesterday were informed of the latest findings on the body that was found in a bag last monday was that of Nurin Jazlin, the 8 yr old girl who went missing last month after DNA testing was conducted on the body. My heart bleeds when I heard the news for I was hoping that she would return safely to her parents but that was not to be. It is fated that she left this world in a tragic way. May the perpetrator(s) who did this inhuman act to her be caught alive and be punished severely by the law.

Until he is caught no child is safe!

Al-fatihah kepada adik Nurin semoga roh beliau ditempatkan di kalangan orang orang mukmin. Semoga keluarga Nurin menerima berita ini dengan penuh redha dan tabah menghadapi dugaan yg sangat berat dan pahit ini. Amin!




The dissappearance of adik Nurin_Jazlin reportedly missing since August 20 has entered its fourth week this week and still there is no sign or clue as to where she is now. As if that is not enough eight year old Nurin is also stricken with kidney ailment and high blood pressure. And she's on daily medication.

Nurin was last seen going to the night market nearby her home. Why oh why do I think that her parents are to be blamed for this? Letting an eight year old child walking alone to a night market is not exactly a responsible thing to do even if she had been there many times and familiar with the surroundings. But lets not dwell on this matter further. What is done is done. I'm sure her parents have suffered enough for taking granted on her safety.

I dread to think of Nurin's fate at this moment. Here I am sitting on my cosy chair writing this entry about her while my son is watching toy story in the living room safe and sound and yet at the same time somewhere there is this frightened little girl whose life is in grave danger. Suddenly I feel sick to my stomach. I pray hard that whoever is holding her right now would take great care of her well being while she's in 'captive'. And I also pray that the person who took her would have a change of heart and return her safely to her family.


While we're on the subject its very important for us parents to monitor our kids no matter where they are and who they are with. I have seen countless times kids probably in their pre-teens at the night market near my place went alone unaccompanied by their parents or guardians. I often shake my head in disbelief. Don't their parents ever read the newspapers or watch the news with stories of missing children? We like to believe that it will never happen to us. So we let our children wander in the streets thinking that they will come home just in time for dinner. And what happens if they never return home that day?


Let the story of Nurin Jazlin be serve as a reminder to all parents out there (me included) and learn something valuable from it. And let us all hope for the best that Nurin will return safely to her loved ones very soon. There's nothing more joyous than seeing a family reunited with their lost ones especially little ones.


We could all use a happy ending story here.