Thursday, March 06, 2008

Solitude


*picture has nothing to do with this post


The husband is off to the Middle East tonight. Ready to leave on the jet plane as I'm writing this. And starting tonight....

I'm having the bed all by myself for the next 5 days. Yeehar!

At the risk of sounding like an ungrateful wife, I am enjoying every bit of moment without him. Don't get me wrong. Its not that I don't like having him around. I do so very much. Its just that sometimes, husbands and wives need to get their own space, away from each other, in order to function better. Do you get what I mean? Sometimes an absence (short period of time) of someone you love dearly makes the heart grow fonder.

What can I say. I'm an insatiable biatch. Conventional I-love-you, you-love-me seem so 18th century. Text-messaging can be monotonous. Email is so business like and lack intimacy. So this works out fine for me. Stay away from each other for a little while, with minimal contact and the next thing I know, we're one happy shiny couple....(wink and grin!)

Works everytime.