Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bellydancing anyone?

The other half had cautioned me not too long ago that my tummy had looked like 5 months pregnant except that, there is no foetus in it. Haven't we all ladies, face this neverending problem after each delivery of our offsprings? Well, at least, we have EXCUSE why our bellies have turned out the way they are, while you men DON'T!

9 months (that's almost a year, man!) of carrying a full term baby, the product of our happy union many many moons ago coupled with the usual morning sickness (mine started from the moment I got up from bed till I went to bed...sheesh!), the lethargicness, mood swings changes in split seconds which can give shame to the current weather and yadda yadda yadda and he dared to comment my tummy? After all, I bore him 3 healthy children that inherited some of his qualities.

So, I was a bit bothered when he keeps saying things like that (yes, it hurts sometimes, you guys) although I knew deep deep down inside, he didn't really mean it bad. Nevertheless, being the self-conscious person that I am, I have tried all options available (read: selective ones only) to reduce my tummy size from err, size 34 (halamak malunya) to size 24 (very impossible mission!). The list of exercises I've tried were;

  1. Jogging, which I did for a month only and after that I stopped as my jogging partner decided to call it quits. I dare not jog alone as sick perverts might be lurking somewhere waiting to pounce on someone . You can never be too careful these days

  2. Cycling, which I did for a smooth 3 months until I was chased by a pack of wild dogs. I cycled as hard as I can, nasib baik tak jatuh basikal, fuh! and after that it's tata titi tutu

  3. Wearing corset (cheap one only lah) but I am not the disciplined type, besides it's too tight and itchy itchy the whole body after usage

  4. Girdle - this one works better especially when I go out. I put it on so that my tummy does not look flabby when wearing long skirts or pants but it's only a temporary solution

  5. Dieting - didn't work. after 2 days of going riceless, I surrendered. Kebuloq perghhh!

  6. Slimming spa - too damn expensive

  7. Liposuction - forget it! the horrific scenes from the Extreme Makeover series will forever etched in my memory
So basically, I have tried every option there is (liar liar) to get rid of that stubborn excess flesh. Perhaps there's one more option I haven't tried it out yet - bellydancing. Now that is something. Bellydancing is fast catching on in Malaysia and it's a happening form of exercise in the west. Probably made famous by the lovely Colombian latino babe, Shakira. She really rawks!

So I was hugely dissappointed when I didn't get the chance (of a lifetime) to join the bellydancing class last month when it sort of collided in the same month with the cupcake decorating class. I had a (housewife) budget for one class only that month and besides, the husband had annoyingly teased me with his caustic remark..."dari hang dok belajaq menari gelek tuh, lebih baik hang pi belajaq mengaji Quran kaa, betulkan tajwid tuh sket, ada gak pekdahnya...".

Ouuuch!