Monday, December 31, 2007

A multitasker I am not


In case you're wondering where I've been in this last few days, wonder no more. I was busy sewing my daughters' badges and name tags on their tudung sekolah. On top of that, I have to do wrapping for their school text books that are piling up on the table. Manyak leceh punya kerja oii! I have only two school going daughters but the way I'm preparing things its like I have 10 kids in the house...sheesh! Well the truth is, this kelam kabut scenario is expected if I do things at the last minute. Serves me right.

Sometimes I wish I could do multi-tasking like Mrs_Doubtfire. Who? No idea who she is? Helloooo!

Yup, that well mannered old lady who can do mountains of house chore and keeping the house spotlessly clean no doubt and yet had that same level of energy left to prepare delicious home-cooked meals that look like a perfect display in a posh restaurant. As if that is not enough, she is also a confidante to the madam of the house and a nanny to the children and still looking perky and tidy after a hard day's work.

Only sometimes I tend to forget that it is just a movie. Nobody can do that in real life. No way Jose! I've tried doing several house chores in one go and I would be completely exhausted by the time I'm done let alone prepare a decent meal. Yeah, looks like age is getting to me alright but for Mrs Doubtfire, age is just a number. Oh, you wicked wicked woman!

So in between this and that, the news of Benazir Bhutto's assassination somewhat jolted me. Speechless was all I could muttered. Her untimely death is certainly a big shocker to the rest of the world. Al-Fatihah! May her soul rest in peace. And since today is the last day for the year 2007, I have nothing to wish for or new resolutions to make except that Nurin's killer(s) MUST BE found at all cost!

Happy New Year!