Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tutup kedai


Dearest fellow bloggers & friends,

When I started this blog last november, my intention then was to pen my random thoughts indiscreetly. It was meant for my reading pleasure only. The thought of sharing it with other people didn't seem to occur in my mind at the time. When I finally decided to share it, I had informed a few friends only. Even then, those friends are confined within the neighbourhood circle I currently reside. But as time goes by, this blog has garnered readers outside that circle and from abroad as well. Seriously, who could have thought that someone like David_Santos would come all the way from Portugal to drop a line or two in this blog. I've read so many blogs (too many to mention here), some are delightfully funny and witty, some are super cool and some are seriously thought provoking. They were in a class of their own.

To borrow a few lines from Syana; that it is very tempting to be someone else in the cyber world, a nickname, a made up persona and an imaginary life. You might get the satisfaction you seek but how long will it last? She was so right about it.

In this invisible world, you are tempted to become someone else. An alter ego. Someone who is the opposite of you in nature. You tend to exaggerate that character a little bit just to make the story more punchy, dramatic and action-packed. A writer with too far fetched an imagination. A writer who got so carried away that he/she tends to forget the world he/she's living in.

I've decided to pull the plug for good. Its a decision that I have been mulling for days right after I went blank a couple of weeks ago. As much as I want to write as freely, openly and crazily as I want to, I have lost that desire. I had mentioned in one of my entries before that this blog is here to stay no matter come what may. I guess I have to swallow those words back. Blogging has also taken a lot of my time too. Someone very dear to me had pointed that out and it struck a blow at me. This surreal world has been the best playground ever for me. For a moment there, I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland. But it's time to return to the real world.

And for the first time today, I feel no pressure of thinking what to write next. Writing is supposed to be a fun thing to do not a chore.

It's been a heck of a joyride knowing you all. I had made many friends from the blogsphere although I haven't met all of them in person. Thank you for being my friend. I may still come knocking on your door and leave footsteps once in a while.

I wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,

KC
p/s: I will keep this blog for another week before deleting it. Thank you again for coming here.