Monday, March 12, 2007

Stuffs in my handbag

There's a theory that says you can learn a lot about a woman from the contents of her handbag. What they fail to add is that when a woman becomes a mother, the contents and size of her handbag changes too.

When I was anak dara, my handbag(s) used to be chic and fashionable with various sorts of colours and design, it sort of matched with my groovy image. *wink*

I don't go for imported branded items coz they cost a bomb. My take-home pay at the time simply did not permit me to purchase such notable brands. I would normally buy handbags and purses at very affordable prices and during sales from Sogo and Sg Wang Plaza in Bukit Bintang.

The must-have contents in my handbag those days were:-
  1. Lipsticks (1-2 colours), lip brush, lip liner and lip gloss
  2. 2 in 1 compact powder
  3. Mascara, blusher
  4. Perfume spray
  5. Pen, address book, a purse with important documents - IC/driving license/ATM card/creditcard/some cash/coins
  6. Hairbrush
  7. Eyedrops, tissue pack
  8. Sanitary pad (just in case of emergency situation, err ladies should know this) *blushing*
  9. Keys
  10. A walkman

These days, my handbag carries different contents a mother with small kids associated with. My handbag has become bigger in size, it looks more of a mini suitcase and have large pockets inside and outside, very practical for me to stuff more things in it (urghh, tak groovy langsung). I call it a grandmother's handbag in the same manner as grandmother's underwear. It is so compacted with things that it becomes a comfy pillow to lean my head on for that 15 minutes of nap in the car.

You can find a lot of stuff in there and these are a must.

  1. Wipes and tissue
  2. 1-2 unused disposable diapers
  3. A bib, a baby's handkerchief
  4. A rattle, few toys, a small picture book
  5. A pair of toddler's clothing
  6. Talcum powder, baby lotion and comb
  7. Pen, a small notebook, myKad/driving license/discount cards/free vouchers
  8. Small bottle of liquid handsoap
  9. Cellphone
  10. Empty green angpow (senang nak hulur sedekah kat sedara mara yg tua2 bila balik kampung)
  11. Sanitary pad, condom (don't ask)
  12. More keys


No make up kits not even a lipstick can be found in my handbag. Nowadays, I just put on lip balm (glossy type) and dab my face with cheap compact powder bought at the Guardian pharmacy in less than 5 minutes. Not exactly a groovy thing to do if I want to look and be a groovy mom.

I'm pretty content being a selekeh mom for now.