Thursday, May 20, 2010

Catch me if you can

Someone or rather something is trying to play mind games on me. A mysterious entity has somewhat left its indelible mark on the bathroom floor. It all began a few days ago when I noticed the perforated lid on the bathroom floor (where water goes down) was slightly open. I always make it a point to close it before calling it a night. It has become a routine which I seldom miss to do.

However, a few days ago, I went downstairs to the bathroom adjacent to the kitchen to have a pee that morning since our link bathroom was occupied by the husband. Imagine my shock when the lid was partially open like someone had purposely done it. So when I asked the kids if they had used the toilet the night before, they immediately shook their heads. 

This unusual occurence had me dumbfounded for days. To further enhance the myterious surroundings, there was no signs of leftover food or anything scattered around the place that could connect it to the one thing that had crossed my mind - a sneaky rodent! 

Fed up with this hide and seek game, I decided to play CSI by placing a pail with half-filled water on top of the lid just as I was about to head to bed. The next morning, what I discovered was a small portion of anti-slippery mat being gnawed or nibbled by something and pieces of it scattered on the bathroom floor. I took pictures of the evidence and sent it via MMS to the husband to find out what he thinks. His answer confirmed my all along suspicion.

So tonight, I'm going to set a trap to catch the elusive furry creature once and for all. That ikan cencaru I had planned to cook tonight will certainly come in handy. I was told that rats love kepala ikan goreng. 

Siaplah ko malam ini Jerry! 




 Jerry did not only gnaw the floor mat, he also viciously attacked my food containers. where's that bloody Tom when you need him huh?...ish3x