Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stir crazy

and he likes to wear my shoes



Little Bee, my youngest son is totally different from his two sisters in terms of baby achievements, if that is what I can tell about him. For one, he's a late talker but he is also an early walker. At barely 10 months old, he took his first giant step and there was no stopping him since. He has eventually progressed to climbing and scaling the stairs (much to my horror), the door grille, the kitchen countertop with an aid of a stool conveniently stacked under the kitchen sink, all of which he had greatly accomplished before his first birthday. A great milestone for a little rugrat in the house.

He is also a big eater and I am thankful that he is not picky with his food. It is so easy to 'suap' him anything that we adults eat - be it sweet, sour, salty or even bitter like makjun. He wants to try everything and if he doesn't like what it tastes, he just shake his head off and walk away.

He also likes to play hide and seek with me. There's one time I caught him in the act climbing onto the washing machine (mine was a front-loading type) with his body half inside the machine. God, help me!

For all the achievements any baby could have, he has yet to utter a single word that us adults could understand. He babbles and mumbles to himself with that baby talk of his. He speaks german alright. He hasn't quite know how to say the word mama to me but I am not complaining just yet.

And just so today, as I was doing some chores, I thought I heard him say the word wow! and he said it correctly. I observed that everytime he sees something colorful on the tv screen, he would say the word many times with his innocent mesmerised look. Such a bombastic word for a 16 months old's vocabulary, don't you think?