Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bellydancing anyone?

The other half had cautioned me not too long ago that my tummy had looked like a 5 months pregnant lady except there is no foetus in it. Haven't we all ladies face this never-ending problem after each delivery of our offspring? Well, at least, we have an EXCUSE why our bellies have become what they are now. While you men DON'T!

Nine months (that's almost a year, man!) of carrying the baby, the product of our rendezvous many many moons ago coupled with the usual morning sickness (some women have it, some don't, bless those who don't), the lethargicness (eh is there such word? if no who cares!), mood swings changes in split seconds that can give shame to the current weather and yadda yadda yadda and he dared to comment my tummy?? After all, I bore him 3 healthy and active children that inherited some of his qualities.

So, I was a bit bothered when he said things like that although I knew deep deep down, he didn't really mean it . Nevertheless, being the self-conscious person that I am; I have tried all options available (read: selective ones) to reduce my tummy size from err 34 (halamak malunya) to 27 (that's the size I was during anak dara time huhu). 24 sounds so impossible ok!

I've tried :-

  1. jogging (for a month on weekends only and after that I stopped as my jogging partner (my neighbour sorang tuh) decided to call it quits. I dare not jog alone as sick perverts might be lurking somewhere waiting to pounce on someone . You can never be too careful these days...
  2. cycling (which I did for a smooth 3 months also on weekends) until I was chased by a pack of wild dogs. I cycled as hard as I can, nasib baik tak jatuh basikal...fuh! and after that it's tata titi tutu
  3. wearing corset (cheap one only laa) but I am not the discipline type..hehe besides it's too tight and itchy  the whole body after usage
  4. girdle - this one works better especially when I go out, I put it on so that my tummy does not look flabby when wearing long skirts or pants but it's only a temporary solution
  5. dieting - didn't work! After 2 days of going riceless, I surrendered...kebuloq perghh!
  6. slimming spa - too damn expensive!
  7. liposuctionJustify Full - forget it!
So basically, I have tried every option there is to get rid of that excess baggage. Perhaps there's one more option I haven't tried it out yet - bellydancing, now that's something! Bellydancing is still new and catching up in Malaysia but it's a happening form of exercise in the west. Probably made famous by the lovely Colombian latino babe, Shakira. She really rocks!

Whenever, wherever...(I'm humming Shakira's famous debut single in my head right now..)

P/S: For some reason, I couldn't publish a picture of bellydancing...not even Shakira.