Thursday, November 10, 2011

Not another boring weight-loss story

Cringe for all I care. This weighty issue has bugged me ever since my teeth started to grow in my mouth and I had developed a liking for food just like vampires crave human blood. And my body needs food to membesar bagai johan but over the years, this over-penchant for food has taken its toll on my body. I did grew up as a johan but not johan in academic department la kan or whatever. Just an average achiever. 

Truth be told, I was never a fat kid during my formative and adolescense years but my weight soon grows rapidly after the birth of my eldest child. Isn't this a very lame excuse? Women always blame childbirth the main cause for mutating their then perfect hourglass Jennifer Lopez (yezza?) figure into out of shape jumbo Adibah Noor. I was a whopper particularly in the 3 serangkai section - you women should know which section I was talking about right?  The baby fat is still stubbornly stored somewhere there...sangat susah nak tanggal okeh!


from rear view - humongous! 

Long story short, I went for a full medical check up late last year and that's when I received the wake up call I badly needed. I remembered the physician, a lady doctor told me point blank after she looked through the result and she was so straightforward about it. 

"KC (of course that's not my real name hehe), I'm a bit concerned about your LDL level (bad cholesterol)...it is quite high...at your age, this is an indication that you should tone down your food intake...you should take less sugar, less sodium, less fat, less oily stuff because if you keep on eating what you're eating now and you don't exercise at all, I will not be surprised if you have a heart attack in less than 2 years!!"

Pangggg! I felt a sharp pain on my face like I was being slapped hard. All this while I still think that I can devour whatever I want and not have health problems but in actual fact I do. I was just in BIG denial. And it took a warning like that to make me realize that I need to live healthily onward and this time its for real. No more excuses. No more empty promises and resolutions. I have to have control over what I eat and the most important thing I had to start exercise damn seriously. 

So early this year, I started aerobic exercise 3-4 times a week at the local gym and at the same time alter my diet by having healthy food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Slowly, my weight and size decreases though it took some time to show. Over the months when compliments began pouring in from neighbours and friends alike only then I realize I had indeed lost weight and I was so freaking happy when I got to wear my old jeans which have been neatly stucked and discolored in yellowish mildew in the lower corner of my wardrobe for a very long time. The best part is my stamina has increased tremendously and I seldom feel lethargic or drowsy during the day coz I feel fit and recharged all the time. Of course, I do reward myself every once a week or so with foods I love coz there are times when I have cravings. It was also this year that I started to participate actively in marathon or walkathon event just for the fun of it and at the same to push my limit and endurance.

I was at my heaviest 78kg last year (when I weighed in for the medical checkup) and now at the time I'm pen-typing this, my weight has dropped to 65kg! Awesome indeed though I still have more kgs to lose but I'm not complaining. Slowly but surely I will achieve my target hopefully by end of this year. If it doesn't turn out like I expected I would still be proud of myself coz I did it. My way.


*KC hasn't posted latest picture of herself coz she wants to flaunt it when she lose another 5 kg..*