Friday, April 24, 2009

Vamping on Twilight




How would you feel if your teenage daughter tells you that she has serious crush with a boy at school? Seems pretty normal for teenagers to have puppy love moments during adolescence years. But wait, there's more to it. Your daughter seems to hold information about the boy she had crush on. He's not exactly human. To be precise, he's a blood-sucking vampire!

Such is the premise of Twilight, a typical boy meets girl love story. Bella Swan isn't just any regular teen. She's attractive, intense, and articulate. Her seemingly reserved exterior only serve to camouflage her inner desperation of wanting to be swept off her feet by love. Its understandable why she is so drawn to Edward Cullen's mysteriousness charm (note his immaculately sculpted eyebrows and bouffant hair). She becomes increasingly curious of Edward after he saved her from being crushed by a van at their school parking lot.

What's another way of winning a girl's heart besides being dashingly handsome? Give her a piggyback ride at breakneck speed (I wish I could do that for my son...sigh!), introduce her to his vampire clan family ala Meet The Parents, play baseball during thunderstorm and appears out of nowhere just in time to rescue her from bad people. Wow!

OK, in real life, if my daughter ever comes back from school one day and tells me that she's in love with a vampire, I'd definitely say, "Walk over my dead body first!".

Some memorable corny lines from the movie;

#1
Edward: So the lion fell in love with the lamb...
Bella: What a stupid lamb...
Edward: What a sick masochistic lion...


#2
Bella: How old are you?
Edward: Seventeen
Bella: How long have you been seventeen?
Edward: A while...


#3
Bella: Graduation caps?
Edward: Its a private joke. We matriculate a lot..

#4
Edward: I can read every mind in this room apart from yours .There's money. sex. money. cat. and then you nothing. its very frustrating..
Bella: Is there something wrong with me?
Edward: See, I tell you I can read minds and you tell me there's something wrong with you...


Someone please knock some senses into Bella's head. By the way, I can't wait for the second sequel of Twilight Saga: New Moon coming this November.

Watch this space.