Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Say a little prayer

I've never even met her before. I only got to know her from her blog. I can't really remember who discover who first but ever since then I will make it a weekly if not daily visit to her place. Her stories are so ordinary, delightful and yet sometimes thought-provoking mostly revolve around her family, friends and life in a foreign land. I felt entertained just by reading her musings on life itself.

But for this past couple of weeks her story had been different. The kind that would tear your heart apart. Its about her beloved husband who is stricken with cancer (advanced stage) recently. For many of us, the very mention of the word cancer bring an instant sombre mood. Its the one news that we are not happy to hear. No matter how hard it is for us to accept it its even harder for the person(s) concerned to come to terms with it.

D's latest posting about her husband's condition really sank in my heart. I sincerely hope that Mrs D is given utmost courage and strength to withstand this very trying times of her life. Her display of calmness and patience in coping with her husband's illness is truly remarkable and admirable. To D, I'm sending you my little prayers.